Translate

Pages

Monday 31 August 2015

Jonjo Shelvey: 'I might have left Swansea City'

 Jonjo Shelvey of Swansea scoring their first goal from the penalty spot during the Barclays Premier League match between Swansea City and Everton at Liberty Stadium on April 11, 2015
Swansea City midfielder Jonjo Shelvey has admitted that he could have been on his way out of the club had he not improved his attitude over the summer.
The 23-year-old recruited a personal trainer and live-in chef to improve his condition, and his form at the beginning of this season has earned him a place in the England squad.
Shelvey has revealed that a conversation with Swansea boss Garry Monk convinced him that he needed to work on his professionalism.

"I've started this season well, but there's still a lot more to come. I'm not as rash in the tackles, I'm trying to stay on my feet and get to people," he told the South Wales Evening Post.
"It's something me and the manager have spoken about. If I kept going the way I was, I wouldn't have still been at the club or I wouldn't have been playing for the manager.
"I want to play my football here because I believe this club can keep winning. I've just had to grow up. I had to or there was going to be no Swansea for me. I would have just been drifting around other clubs."
Shelvey has played in all four of Swansea's Premier League games so far.

Source: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/swansea-city/news/jonjo-shelvey-i-might-have-left-swansea_242957.html

No comments:

Post a Comment