Translate

Pages

Friday 28 August 2015

Olivier Giroud aims to continue hurting Newcastle United

Arsenal's French striker Olivier Giroud (C) rises highest to head the ball to score the opening goal during the English Premier League football match against Newcastle United on December 13, 2014
Arsenal striker Olivier Giroud has refused to reveal the secret behind his stellar goalscoring record against Newcastle United as he bids to torment the Magpies again this Saturday.
Despite only arriving in England three years ago, the Frenchman already has eight goals against United under his belt - including four in both meetings last term.
Newcastle - under new coach Steve McClaren - host Arsenal at St James's Park tomorrow, and Giroud, who has netted once so far this season, hopes to improve on that figure against a familiar enemy.
"I am not going to say [why I do well against Newcastle] because then there are no more secrets - I need to keep them for me," he told Arsenal's official website.
"It is maybe luck or I don't know, but I really want to keep scoring against them and help the team win the three points.
"It doesn't matter who scores, but if it is me I will be really happy because it is always nice for a striker to score."
Giroud netted 19 goals for the Gunners last term despite missing three months of the campaign with a broken foot.

Source: http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/arsenal/news/giroud-aims-to-continue-hurting-magpies_242280.html

No comments:

Post a Comment