Translate

Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Sergio Romero: 'Louis van Gaal trusts me'

Sergio Romero of Manchester United during the Barclays Premier League match between Manchester United and Tottenham Hotspur at Old Trafford, Manchester.
Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero has suggested that he has the backing of manager Louis van Gaal as he bids to be the club's first choice between the sticks.
The Argentina international has started the season as number one, with David de Gea expected to join Real Madrid, but the Spaniard could now be back in contention after the deal fell through.
Romero came under fire after United's defeat at Swansea City last week, but he is confident that he still has the support of Van Gaal.

"Playing for United is a dream and if God helps me this dream will never end," Romero told La Nacion. "As I have been saying, I have to thank Van Gaal for trusting me.
"But let me tell you, I don't think that the goalkeeper spot in United is already mine. I do know that I have a huge support from Van Gaal and his staff. Although I had not done a pre-season, I started playing for the biggest club in the world. It's important for a goalkeeper to have this support.
"That is because there is no rotation between goalkeepers - a goalkeeper starts or he is benched. They are the only two choices - there is not a third one. And Van Gaal has given me his trust."
Romero, who worked with Van Gaal at AZ Alkmaar, joined United from Sampdoria earlier this summer.

Source: sportsmole.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment