Translate

Pages

Monday 21 September 2015

Robin van Persie unhappy with bench role


Manchester Uniteds international striker Dutch Robin Van Persie juggles with the ball after signing a contract with the Turkish Super Lig giants football club Fenerbahce at the Sukru Saracoglu stadium in Istanbul on July 14, 2015

Fenerbahce striker Robin van Persie has admitted that he was not pleased to be named among the substitutes for Sunday's victory over Bursaspor.
The Dutchman came off the bench in the 77th minute and scored within three minutes of his arrival to give Vitor Pereira's side a 2-1 win.
However, Van Persie has stated that he would rather be playing from the start and for the full duration of matches.

"To be honest, I am not very happy at this moment," he told Lig TV.
"I was not happy that I started on the bench. I am fully fit, physically very well and able to play for 90 minutes. The only right answer I could give was with what I did: helping the team to get the victory."
Fener sit top of the Super Lig with 13 points from five games.

No comments:

Post a Comment