Translate

Pages

Tuesday 8 September 2015

Pedro: 'I will miss Barcelona, Lionel Messi'

Chelsea's Spanish midfielder Pedro (C) runs with the ball in the build up to scoring the opening goal of the English Premier League football match between West Bromwich Albion and Chelsea at The Hawthorns in West Bromwich, central England on August 23, 20
Chelsea winger Pedro has admitted that he will miss Barcelona, and in particular playing with Lionel Messi.
The 28-year-old - who moved to Stamford Bridge from the Spanish giants in August - made 321 appearances for his former club, scoring 99 goals and winning an impressive 20 trophies.
Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has given Pedro a starting role in both his Premier League appearances so far, but the Spain international admits he will miss playing at the Camp Nou.

Speaking to Spanish newspaper El Pais, Pedro said: "It would have been easy to stay at Barca, appear in the team photo, keep winning titles and earning money. I had a good life, but I felt I should leave.
"My life was comfortable off the pitch, but I wanted to keep playing. Let's see how it works out.
"Lionel Messi is an excellent teammate, he's a fantastic guy. We lived through a lot together, a lot of games, a lot of goals - he knows me well. I'm going to miss him a lot."
Pedro scored on his Chelsea debut against West Bromwich Albion last month.

Source: sportsmole.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment